We have come a long way from washing our clothes manually to washing them in a washing machine.It is probably now high time that we start washing your dishes in a dishwasher rather than the unhygienic sink.It is not just about washing the soiled dishes, but the fact that heavily greased dishes should be washed at 75 degrees C to make them germfree.What is the point of having a plate that looks clean but is full of germs?
Benefits of a Dishwasher:
The following are some of the benefits of a dishwasher that will help you understand why using a dishwasher is better than doing the dishes by hand.
- Time-Saver: A dishwasher can save a lot of time. It can wash the dishes for you in a matter of minutes. It takes only about 10 minutes to load and unload the dishwasher.Washing the same number of dishes manually can take up to an hour. Using a dishwasher can save you up to 4 hours per week.
- Efficient in Cleaning:A dishwasher can easily clean greasy frying pans, biryani vessels, baked-on pans. You donot have to pre-rinse or scrub these dishes before loading them into a dishwasher.
- Money-Saver:A dishwasher saves money.It is power-saver as well as water-saver.A dishwasher uses only a fraction of electric power and water than you would normally use to clean the same amount of dishes by hand.For not too dirty dishes, you can select a rapid 30-minute,energy-efficient wash.
- Environment-Friendly:A dishwasher is also environment-friendly considering the amount of water it can save.Doing the dishes manually wastes a lot of water since you have to keep the tap flowing.A full dishwasher-load of dishes when done manually consumes approximately 75 litres of water when the same would use only 14 litres of water when done in a dishwasher.Dishwashers are designed to recycle the water they use.Thereby, further conserving water.With regards to conserving energy, after you are done rinsing the dishes by hand with hot water, you turn off the tap water.The residual heated water that remains in the pipe cools off, wasting the energy it used to heat up.On the other hand, a dishwasher will take in only the amount water it needs and heats it up, thereby saving energy.A dishwasher greatly reduces carbon footprint.
- Hygienic:A dishwasher is high on hygiene quotient.It not only cleans the dishes but also kills the germs.For the dishes to be germ-free, the temperature of water should be above 60°C.In manual washing by hot water, the water used is merely 27°C, which does not help in killing the bacteria and disease-causing germs.A dishwasher can heat water up to 75°C which is sufficient to kill the germs.Manual rinsing by hand does not clean dishes thoroughly whereas a dishwasher can.A dishwasher dries all the dishes and you do not need to use tea towels to wipe them dry, which could themselves be bacteria breeding grounds.Thus, crockery washed in a dishwasher is hygienic.
- Clutter-free Kitchen: A dishwasher helps in clearing the clutter from the kitchen.It is a quick remedy for dirty dishes.All you have to do is stack the soiled plates directly into the dishwasher, thereby keeping your kitchen platform and the sink clear of dishes.There is no draining of dishes required.All you get out of the dishwasher is dry and clean dishes that are ready for reuse or can be put away in cabinets.
Conclusion:There are many advantages of using a dishwasher as shown above.It is only wise to go ahead and get a dishwasher for sparkling clean, dry, and germ-free dishes.