Brand History and Description –
Morphy-Richards Ltd was founded on 8th July 1936 by Donal Morphy of Chislehurst and Charles Richards of Farnborough, London at a simple oast house located in St Mary Cray, Kent. As joint managing directors, Morphy and Richards raised £1,000 together and started making electric fires. By March 1938, they progressed to manufacturing electric irons. The factories of Morphy and Richards also made components for aircraft industry during the war. In June 1944, A. Reyrolle & Company took over 30% of this company and the General Manager was on the board of directors. Subsidiary companies in South Africa and Australia facilitated in bringing 15% of turnover with exports.